The minimalism trend entails surrounding oneself with only necessary things, however, each of us has his or her guilty pleasure. One of them is a TV set at home – a distraction from long evenings and a central place for social meetings, e. g. during a soccer championship. Where to place a TV if we do not have the right furniture for it? In this guide, we will help you through the installation of the TV on the wall – step by step.
Advantages of wall-mounted TVs
Mounting the TV on the wall is a simple procedure that allows you to regain the space that would be occupied by furniture and makes it easier to plan the arrangement of the room. Often designers try to hide a TV, which does not fit into the composition of the apartment. Wall mounting can make this easier – by hanging the TV on a lift such as the K-Down, we can cover it with a picture or a wall of panels when we are not using it.
The latest TVs are often very elegant and work well as interior decorations. Especially a large TV over 65” hung on a wall can be a central part of a composition with paintings or a fireplace. The modern design of a living room goes well with a TV, which can be comfortably watched thanks to its comfortable position on the wall.
At what height should I hang the TV?
The first step when mounting a TV on the wall is to choose its height. The height at which you should hang the TV depends on the size and purpose of the room where you will be using it. A different height for the TV will be appropriate in the bedroom and another in the living room. An important factor is a distance from which we watch TV and our position while watching. You should pay attention to ergonomics and comfort.
Hanging the TV at a height protects it from children and pets, although the ubiquitous cat and the TV at home can sometimes be a difficult combination. Given the activity of pets, it’s worth investing in a good TV mount that will keep the TV on the wall without furniture. We wrote more about how to choose the right height to hang the TV in the article What height to hang the TV.
How to hang the TV on a bracket?
The next step is to choose a good mount that will keep the TV on the wall. What does the choice of TV bracket depend on? Firstly, on the weight of the TV itself. The chosen model must be ready to support the weight. It is important to check the spacing of the VESA mounting holes on the back of the TV, which we write about here. About the selection of the right mount itself, we wrote here.
The TV bracket has mounting holes through which we attach the TV to it with screws. Sabaj mounts have several standard spacings at the same time, so you do not have to change the mount when you replace the TV. Usually, for most models, the installation procedure looks similar:
- Choose a place to mount the TV. Plan the distance of the TV to the wall. Note the dimensions of the TV and the center of its diagonals. You can pre-mark where the edges of the TV will be.
- Attach the bracket to the mounting holes on the back of the TV as instructed.
- Screw the necessary mounts to the wall. If it’s a load-bearing, brick or block wall, screws and studs will suffice. If you want to hang the TV on a plasterboard wall, it is necessary to build a frame or other reinforcement beforehand.
- Hang the TV with its bracket on the wall mounts. Loosely tighten all necessary screws.
- Adjust the angle of the TV, level it with a spirit level, and tighten the screws firmly. Adjusting the position is an important step that affects user comfort and structural stability.
- Connect the devices to the power supply. Take care to organize the cables.
- You can enjoy your TV on the wall. If you have an electric TV mount, such as Swing-Mount, program its functions.
Ready-made solutions available on the market make mounting a TV to the wall easier than ever before. It is worth using this option. A lot of advice on TV mounting and arrangement can be found on our blog.